Amazon Holiday Prep Checklist for 2023
The fourth quarter has arrived, and with it comes some of the busiest shopping events of the season! From Prime’s Big Deal Days to Turkey 5 and beyond, brands and consumers alike are going to have all eyes on e-commerce sites. From November 1 through December 24, 2022, US Retail Sales increased 7.6% YoY, according to PMG’s 2023 Holiday Shopping Trends & Insights Analysis. With an even bigger Q4 expected this year, how can brands finish strong? We’ve compiled a checklist for brands to use primarily through November and December’s tentpole events on Amazon (for those looking for a checklist on Prime Big Deal Days coming October 10th and 11th, click here!)
3 Weeks Before Turkey 5 (Week of 10/30)
- Confirm November budgets across all channels and assemble a budget analysis ahead of the holiday season.
- Anticipate spending levels increasing by 2-3x/ day for Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, with around 1.5-2x/day for Saturday and Sunday in between.
- To anticipate this, budgets need to be adjusted prior to the period of increased volume to prevent any campaigns from budgeting out before the day’s end!
- Determine what goals you are attempting to achieve- ensure that these goals are factored into your plan
- Utilize last year’s data when determining goals for this year. (Use our free Amazon Brand Leaderboard!)
2 Weeks Before Turkey 5 (Week of 11/6)
- Confirm all of the ASINs that will be running deals during Black Friday and Cyber Weekend.
- Continue to monitor inventory levels of any ASINs running deals. If inventory is running low, a quantity adjustment may be necessary.
- Finalize any changes to your storefront. Ensure all listings and PDPs are accurate for customers doing a majority of their ‘window shopping’ in this time period. CTR will likely decrease in this period, while impressions will be up.
- Review budget pacing and determine if an incremental budget will be needed.
1 Week Before Turkey 5 (Week of 11/13)
- Confirm advertising coverage of promotional products.
- Check over the deal details for specific ASINs, and their inventory levels.
- Monitor your account’s health.
The Week of and During Turkey 5
- Ensure that all ASINs running deals are appearing in SERPs at expected prices.
- Ensure ad coverage is running for promoted products.
- Review all campaign budgets- are any high sales-driving campaigns approaching budget limitations?
- Keep monitoring inventory levels, especially during the events.
- For understocked items- Try to pull back on spending.
- Continuously monitor the PDP, ‘walking the store,’ and ensuring all listings are accurate.
- Identify any low or high-performing campaigns and adjust as needed.
Weeks Following Turkey 5 in December
- Complete an analysis of your Turkey 5 Performance- what were some top-selling products, highest search terms, or high-ranking keywords? Use this information when creating December strategies.
- Take inventory of stock levels.
Do you have lingering questions about October’s Prime Big Deal Days, or Black Friday/ Cyber Monday? Email us at email@example.com. In the meantime, make sure to dive into our free Amazon Data Tools!