A Seller’s Guide to Amazon Promotions, Coupons, & Deals: Buy One Get One (BOGO)
Do you struggle to understand the difference between the types of deals Amazon offers? Which one is the best for your brand, or certain products? In this article, we will walk through the Buy One Get One (BOGO) offering, what it entails, the eligibility requirements, and the pros and cons of running this promotion.
What is a BOGO Promotion on Amazon?
A Buy One Get One (BOGO) promotion is a type of promotion offered by Amazon Sellers where customers can receive a free or discounted product when they purchase another product at full price. For example, a seller may offer a BOGO promotion where customers can buy one product and get a second product of equal or lesser value for free or at a discounted price
What are the eligibility requirements for a seller to run a BOGO Promotion?
- Professional Seller
- Have an accurate start and end date
What are the pros of running a BOGO Promotion on Amazon?
- Increased sales: BOGO promotions can incentivize customers to make a purchase and increase sales for the seller.
- Attract new customers: BOGO promotions can also attract new customers who may be more likely to try out a product if they can receive a second product for free or at a discounted price.
- Boost visibility: Promotions can increase a product’s visibility on Amazon and improve its chances of being seen by potential customers.
- Encourage larger purchases: BOGO promotions can encourage customers to make larger purchases in order to take advantage of the promotion.
What are the cons of running a BOGO Promotion on Amazon?
- Reduced profitability: Offering a BOGO promotion can reduce a seller’s profit margins on a product and impact their overall profitability.
- Customer expectations: If customers become accustomed to receiving a free or discounted product, they may be less likely to purchase a product at full price in the future.
- Loss of control: BOGO promotions can attract a large number of customers and lead to inventory shortages, which can be difficult for sellers to manage and result in negative customer experiences.
Are you interested in other types of promotions and discounts available to sellers on Amazon? Make sure to check out our blog to get a complete understanding of which deal is best for you. If you have further questions, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org