Amazon Brand Leaderboard Ranks Heading Into Turkey 5
Turkey 5 is just days away, and brands on Amazon have already begun deploying strategic initiatives in the hopes of supercharging sales. Historically, brands have increased Paid Share of Voice (SOV), slashed prices, or mixed both methods before a tentpole event to seed demand. We’ve begun to observe some brands utilizing these tactics via our Amazon Brand Leaderboard in the weekend leading intoTurkey 5.
Beauty & Personal Care > Skin Care > Face
- This category continues to be one of the fastest growing on Amazon and is primarily fueled by social media trends. As we approach Turkey 5, it’s evident that brands are engaged in intense competition, employing a combination of paid placements and discounts.
- COSRX stands out as a top brand in the category rounding out the weekend with a 10.4% Paid SOV, but only offering a 3.63% price reduction.
- On the other hand, brands like Good Molecules and Mighty Patch have placed a lesser emphasis on paid placements and have reduced prices by -15.28% and -10.37% respectively.
Electronics > Television and Video
- The Electronics category typically generates intense demand, especially during events like Black Friday. Brands are already lowering prices in this category in anticipation of Turkey 5, and engaging in tight competition for Paid Share of Voice (SOV).
- Toshiba is currently offering the largest discount by -36.73%.
- Google has cut prices by -19.53%.
- Sony’s prices in the category are discounted by -15.77%.
Baby Products > Strollers & Accessories > Strollers
- In previous Prime Events, many subcategories within the Baby Products category have demonstrated a mix of price discounting and increased ad activity, and it appears this trend will persist during this year’s Cyber Week. Household brands like Graco have increased their paid SOV by 3.11%, while other brands have opted for more discounting.
- mompush has discounted -41.13% in the weekend leading into Turkey 5.
- BOB Gear’s prices were reduced by -13.07%.
- Evenflo’s prices were reduced by -8.61%.
Home & Kitchen > Kitchen & Dining > Coffee, Tea & Espresso > Coffee Makers
- Brands within the Coffee Maker subcategory are in an intense battle for Paid SOV. In the selected period, Black and Decker gained 6.59% in Paid SOV, while other brands like KRUPS (-27.25%) and Cuisinart (-21.43%) opted for heavier discounting.
While these brands are ramping up their sales event strategies early on, much can still change! Stay tuned for all Turkey 5 updates via our blog, and head over to the free Amazon Leaderboard to see where your brand currently stands in the ranks
All price figures are calculated as a weighted average of the median price across a brand’s category-specific products within the same parameters, specifically comparing November 9th through 16th, 2023 to November 16th through 19th, 2023, expressed as a percentage difference.